Tuesday 8 June 2021

MSc Real Estate Investment Finance: Alice Masterman

The Real Estate Investment Finance (REIF) programme at Oxford Brookes attracts students from across the world - bringing students together online. I caught up with Alice Masterman who has recently completed the MSc Real Estate Investment Finance alongside her preparations for the Paris 2024 Olympics...


What is your background?
I am a member of the British Sailing Team and sail the 49er FX. I am campaigning towards Paris 2024 and have been sailing the FX now for 4 years since finishing my undergraduate at the University of Southampton in Politics and Economics.

Why did you decide to do a course in REIF and why Oxford Brookes?
I decided to read the Real Estate Investment and Finance at Brookes as it was the course, I wanted to do for my masters but always envisioned completing after my sailing career. This was when I did not realise you could study it part-time and online. I chose the course at Brookes due to the outstanding reputation and the flexibility of the course.

What did you gain from the course and how has it helped you in your career?
I enjoyed the course thoroughly and found the knowledge learnt was applicable to my post-sailing career in Real Estate. I want to become a Chartered Surveyor so needed the RICS accredited degree to support my future career. I found the lecturers informative and helpful, and they were quick to respond. The feedback post-assignments were useful.

What did you choose for your dissertation topic and why?
I chose to study the effects of London 2012 on East London Real Estate Prices as I have an interest in the effects of sporting events on the host cities due to my sporting background.

Thanks Alice and all the best for Paris 2024! You can find out more about the MSc/PGD REIF and book a place on one of our REIF Online Information Sessions by following the links below:

MSc/PGD Real Estate Investment Financecourse details

REIF Online Information Sessionclick to book a place

MSc/PGD Real Estate Investment Financestudent profiles



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.