Tuesday 4 June 2024

REIF Graduation May 2024 and a Student Profile...

Scott Rayner (left) and Shaun Nichols at Graduation on 30 May 2024

As REIF is an online course it's always really nice to actually meet some of our students and their families when they attend graduation. This was last Thursday (30 May).

Scott Rayner (on the left) also joined us for the REIF Online Info Session in May 2024, where he talked about his experience of the MSc REIF. Here's what he said...

I was working in the City of London in real estate investment as a consultant for funds, investment banks and development finance. As I didn't have a first degree in real estate and wanted to advance my career, I went looking for a flexible MSc course that was accredited by the RICS. After talking to industry professionals, I decided upon the MSc REIF at Oxford Brookes as it offered an online, flexible course with a great support structure. I wasn't disappointed. 

The international aspect of the course was incredibly beneficial and now I can look at different markets around the world and think 'I could work there...or there'. The legal aspect of the course looked at different jurisdictions and the rest of the course (and the students) had an international focus. With a group of students from across the globe, there are lots of opportunities for discussions and shared experiences. 

For the live lectures, webinars and Q&A sessions - these are always recorded and shared on the virtual learning platform meaning that you can watch them anytime. This was really helpful when I was working in The City. I could study in my own time and at my own pace. 

The course is really flexible - I took the opportunity to take some time out and delay modules during periods of intense work and the staff were always very supportive making the experience seamless. When I was doing my Dissertation I had a motorbike accident and the staff were so accommodating and encouraging and helped me to complete. 

And here is the video extract from the Online Info Session - thanks for your comments Scott!


For more information about the MSc/PGD Real Estate Investment Finance, take a look at our website here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.